Thursday, May 15, 2008

Manhattans

On May 8, Bill and I played at Manhattans in Old City, Knoxville. It went really well, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff at Manhattans is a super-friendly bunch, and as we walked through the joint to set up, I felt like I was on the set of Cheers. I feel like I was at the place where “Everybody knows your name.” Except no one really knew my name.
Also, we had some great people show up. Several of my dear friends came out (big thanks to them), and a few others lingered around. One couple came in who were in their 40’s, and we had one constant conversation throughout the night. They called Bill “Tambourine Guy” and had us sign their demos, which Bill signed with his new nickname. Another lady was from the Metro Pulse, and talked about putting my CD online.
So, all in all, it was a good night. A few kinks to wrinkle out, but nothing major. Good times.

2 comments:

bill said...

what are these 'kinks' you keep talking about? if you want to get rid of me just say it.

Taylor said...

Well, I'm glad you asked...

You're out of the band.