Thursday, November 13, 2008

Music Biz


Just a quick update to my friends:

This past Tuesday I was privileged to play The Blue Plate Special on WDVX. This was my third time back, and my heart skipped a beat to be joined on stage by my old right hand man, Kenny Gooch as well as harmony genius Delacey Santini. Of course, trusty dusty Bill Wolf was by my side with his wicked accordion fingers (not to mention keys, back up harmonies, and more...)

Tuesday night we played a second show (the shows were broken up as I missed the sunset by sleeping all day on the couch.) We headed to Preservation Pub and played with a full band. This is the first time I have played with a full band since pursuing a solo career in music. It had been 3-4 years. Joe Bliffen was on drums, Trevor Lofton on bass, and Bill and Delacey were back (Kenny was headed back to IN). This was by far one of my favorite shows all year. I felt what had been missing was finally there. There was a lot of sweat and groove. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Good job boys (and girl).

This coming Monday, on November 17, I head into the studio to record my first full length accompanied by all the previous people mentioned. There may also be some other special guests. We are finishing up the prep details: finalizing set lists, brainstorming titles, talking with our producer, Eric, about tones and scheduling, squeezing in one more practice...
Its very exciting, but Joe and I were talking today about how we are also slightly stressed.

Pray for us as we go into the studio. May God use it however He sees fit. May He be glorified by His children creating in the same (yet much smaller) way that He created.

Thanks!

Loves.

*Photo by Jack Goodwin 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best of luck in the studio this week, man. very exciting. looking forward to hearing the album.